Blueberry Mesquite Smoothie
When you think of mesquite your mind probably jumps to images of sweet barbecue sauces and marinades of smoked meats. Well, not today with this meat free mesquite smoothie! Mesquite powder is ground from pods and is a superfood that adds a natural nutty, slightly sweet caramel favor that can lends itself to a variety of foods. Give mesquite a try instead of alternative sweeteners. Unlike simple sugars and syrups, mesquite is low glycemic (stabilizing blood sugar) and is packed with the amino acid lysine, fibre, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and calcium. Not to mention protein-- just 2 tbsp. has 6 grams!
- 1 cup hemp seed milk (or other preferred nut/seed milk)
- 1 tsp. moringa powder
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- 1 tsp. mesquite powder
- 1 tsp. nettle leaf powder
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (if frozen, use a little less)
- 1/3 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp. almond butter (or other preferred nut/seed butter)
In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients on medium-medium high until smooth. Pour, drink and enjoy! Garnish with a few fresh blueberries and bee pollen.