Broccoli Avocado Soup
We love to drink our nutrients, whether it's green juices or smoothies! Switch it up for a bowl of this creamy, savory green broccoli and avocado soup!
This soup is wonderful consumed warm or cold (depending how your feeling and what the temperature is outside). Such a versatile and tasty soup. AND of course packed with healing nutrients--TWO heads of broccoli and ONE large avocado went into this soup!
- 2 medium-size heads of broccoli
- 1 large avocado
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried coriander
- Juice from half a large lemon
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 c. warm water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 avocado, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt/pepper for garnish
- Roughly chop (all parts of the broccoli) and steam (FACT: all cooking treatments, except steaming, causes significant losses of chlorophyll and vitamin Cas well as significant decreases of total soluble proteins and soluble sugars)for 3-5 minutes (DID YOU KNOW? cooked broccoli increases the carotenoid and tocopherol concentrations).
- Toss remaining ingredients into a high speed blender/food processor and enjoy warm or cold! Top with avocado, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper. I loved this soup chilled the next day, as Portland has been having some toasty summer days.