Hemp Seed + Lemony Kale Pesto
I can't tell you enough how obsessed I am with creating varying pestos weekly. They are wonderful mixed with zoodle pastas, on top of fish, thinned out into a salad dressing, mixed with quinoa or other grains, on top of vegetables, spread onto tempeh as a marinade, added to chickpeas to make a pesto hummus.... the list is full of endless possibilities.
SUPERFOOD SPOTLIGHT: HEMP SEEDS
- Complete protein: contains all essential amino acids and essential fatty acids needed for your daily intake
- Sustainable plant protein source for vegans and vegetarians
- Omega-3's support heart and brain health as well as decrease inflammation in the body
- Vitamin E (immune booster, supports healthy skin)
- Versatile: can be added on top of salads, to smoothies, pestos, oatmeal, dressings, nut/seed mixs and more
- 1 small bunch dinosaur kale (lacinto), stalks removed
- Handful of parsley
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (or cashews / pistachios for something different)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- pinch sea salt
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust to desired flavor is reached.