Sweet Potato+ Carrot Noodles + Lemony Kale Pesto
NOODLES any time of the day are amazing. Try replacing your normal pasta noodles with spiralized vegetables for added vegetable intake which increases overall vitamin and mineral content.
What's the deal with gluten? gluten is a combination of gliadin and glutenin (proteins). Gliadin is considered a prolamin which is high in glutamine and proline. Check out this chart for a more comprehensive understanding of gluten breakdown and other informative facts.
*see "SNACKS, SIDES, SAUCES" recipes for pesto recipe
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 large carrot
- 1/2 (little less) zucchini (I love to add for more veggies!)
- 1 tbsp. pinenuts
- Salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- Spiralize sweet potato, zucchini, carrot. Heat avocado oil in a saute pan on medium-high heat
- Once hot, add vegetables. Cook until desired tenderness (some people prefer crunchier, some people want softer, more cooked through veggies--follow whichever your taste buds prefer). You will start to notice the vegetables cook down significantly. Don't be alarmed by the juices, they are naturally in the vegetables.
- Place pine nuts in a saute pan with a dash of avocado oil on medium-high heat and toast until golden brown (keep an eye on them, they toast quickly!)
- In a saucepan, fill with 5-6 cups of water. Bring water to almost boiling. Pour in a splash of white wine vinegar (helps the egg to stay together), and cook egg for 3 minutes. The yolk should still jiggle in the pan (you want the delicious runny yolk) This recipe is great sans egg, if you have an egg intolerance or sensitivity.
Top with toasted pine nuts, salt, & pepper! Enjoy!